Is blood pressure of 111/44 with a pulse of 82 alarming?
User rating for this question
I am a 70 year old male. My blood pressure today is 111/44 with a pulse of 82. Is this cause for alarm?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: If you dont have other symptoms such as vertigo,paleness, fatigue,palpitations or chest pain,then you dont have to be worried. This is low blood pressure,but still not alarming and I dont think it indicates some specific heart disease. Just drink plenty of fluids today,rest and check your BP every 8 hours. If it become less than 100/40 or new symptoms occur then visit doctor. If there will be persistant low BP,then you can do cardiologist work up but this is not an emergency. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards.
People also viewed
- Several little red bumps on mons pubis
- Scratched cornea and alcohol
- If my chest hurts and i have a good ekg
- Blood pressure 111 82
- Blood pressure is 82 over 44
- I feel my heart beat below my jaw
- Shortness of breath post cabg
- Blood pressure 165105 pulse 111
- How to clear plaque build up in blood veins
- Side effects after removing uterus
- Pulsating pain that comes and goes lower arm
- 106 44 blood pressure pulse 62
- Hypertension hot shower causing chest pain
- I have asd i keep feeling pain in my leg and arm and get headaches
- Blood pressure 12992 pulse 82