Is blood pressure of 111/44 with a pulse of 82 alarming?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I am a 70 year old male. My blood pressure today is 111/44 with a pulse of 82. Is this cause for alarm?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: If you dont have other symptoms such as vertigo,paleness, fatigue,palpitations or chest pain,then you dont have to be worried. This is low blood pressure,but still not alarming and I dont think it indicates some specific heart disease. Just drink plenty of fluids today,rest and check your BP every 8 hours. If it become less than 100/40 or new symptoms occur then visit doctor. If there will be persistant low BP,then you can do cardiologist work up but this is not an emergency. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards.