Is black Motiyabind curable in sugar patients?

Hi Doctor, Good Evening, I have question about "Black Motiyabind", my father is 60 years old and he has gone through the eye checkup in last week and doctor said that he is having black Motiyabind in both eyes and he is a BP & Sugar patient. My question is : In this case is it possible to 100% cure his eyes like before? Please suggest in details. Regards, XXXX
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is possible to cure black motiyabind. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that your father is having black motiyabind. Black motiyabind means a specific type of cataract in which the naturally existing lens in the eye becomes opaque,black in colour and is called as nuclear cataract. It differs from the regular motiyabind or cataract by the fact that it is hard in nature. It is possible to 100% cure this condition by surgery. The surgery required is cataract extraction with intraocular lens implantation. Since it is hard cataract proper precautions have to be taken during surgery to prevent complications. Hence this cataract needs to be operated by a experienced surgeon to get good vision. However since he his diabetic(sugar) and hypertensive(high BP) patient his final vision depends on the damage caused by diabetes to the eyes. If there is any damage to the eyes in the form of diabetic retinopathy, this requires treatment after surgery for motiyabind or cataract. Hence no need to worry by appropriate surgery and treatment his eyes can be treated to restore good vision. Hope the information is helpful to you. Thank you