Is benign tumour and fluid filled cyst are same thing?

Jul 2016

can any benign tumour become malignant after some days ? Is so then which type of benign tumour become malignant ? Is benign tumour and fluid filled cyst are same thing ? If not what is the difference ? can a benign testicular tumour become malignant in future ?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for your query.I would like to answer your query point to point.

1) Not every benign tumour undergo malignant changes if left untreated for a long time.The benign tumours of soft tissue are more prone to undergo malignant changes e.g Fibroma, chondromas,Neurofibroma etc.

2)The benign tumours and cyst are different entities,Benign tumours are usually solid in nature and do not contain fluid however cyst is a thin walled lump just like a balloon containing a fluid.which may be clear fluid, Blood ,or infected debris of a necrotic tissue.

3) Benign testicular tumours are very rare where as most of the testicular tumours are malignant in nature.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.