Is atelectasis a sign of lung cancer?

HI IM 46YEARS at the age of 26 i got t.b . that was treated with 6 month medication . now past 6 months i got mild fever and cough not continuesly ths problum . so i taken ct chest report says , 1.irregular air space consolidation in posterior of right upper lobe of lung- sugestive of infection.(posible pulmonary tuberculosis my hight 172cm and wt 64kg 2.atelectasis of right middle lobe of lung 3.atelectasis of lingular segments of left of left upper lobe of lung what is the atelectsis is it symptom of lung cancer or its t.b pls reply
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: does not look like lung cancer Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. The CT scan picture looks more like infection. We need to see whether it is tb or something else. We can do this by sputum examination or if that is un successful then by bronchoscopy. It is done by a telescope inserted in the airways to see if there are any lesions in there and also take samples for bacterial tests. These will also exclude any possibility of lung Cancer. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further follow up queries, if any.