Is an Elisa HIV test or ICMA test considered more conclusive for HIV detection?

Question
I had a 3rd gen elisa hiv test 16weeks post exposure. It came back negative. I am still guite scared of possible infection. I am concidering an ICMA test or is previous test concidered conclusive.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Elisa quite sensitive after 12weeks Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day 3rd Generation ELISA test done after the serological window period of 12 weeks is almost conclusive and rules out HIV infection. There is no cause for concern and rest be assured everything is alright. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD

Follow-up: Is an Elisa HIV test or ICMA test considered more conclusive for HIV detection? 18 hours later
I just found out my test was an hiv1/0/2 ICMA test. Is that a form of an elisa test, if not can it be concidered as reliable?

Brief Answer: Is equally sensitive Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings ICMA is Immunochemiluminometric assay (ICMA) and is not similar with Enzyme linked immunosorbent (ELISA) test. ICMA is a differential test which differentiates what kind of infection is it, 1 or 2? It is equally effective as ELISA. There is no cause for concern. Take Care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak

Follow-up: Is an Elisa HIV test or ICMA test considered more conclusive for HIV detection? 26 hours later
When I did my std test panel, I had finished up a 30 day course of the anibiotic Ciprofloxacin 10 days eariler. Could that have had an affect on any of my test results? I was tested for hep b & c, ghonerea, clamydia, syphilis, herpes 1&2, hiv1/0/2?

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Antibodies do not interfere with the test Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings The good news is antibiotic Ciprofloxacin does not interfere with these serological test. Most of serological test detects antibodies. Antibiotics do not interfere. Take Care Best Regards Dr T Shobha MBBS,MD