Is an ASO titre of 400 normal for a thirty-seven year old?

is aso titre 400 is normal for 37 years old
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later

Thanks for posting a query.

ASO titre 400 is high. In an adult ASO titre above 200U/ml is considered high; but reference range may vary with different laboratories, so please verify the reference range in your report.

A high value is associated with post streptococcal infection, rheumatic mitral valve disease or kidney glomerulonephritis. Discuss further with your doctor about it.

Your Haemoglobin also seems to be on the lower side; normal total WBC count with 6% of eosinophils could be because of your skin allergy problem. Please write back to me why these tests were done; I may be able to comment further.