Is alpha radiation dangerous for a child health?

Well water questions. Our well water has been tested and the gross alpha came back around 9 Pci/L when the standard is 15. Although not over the limit we are still a little higher than I like and was wondering if radon and radiation can be released in our home when bathing, showering, washing clothes, high enough to cause health risks especially for my 2 year old?
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 43 hours later

No other radiation other than ionising radiation is a matter of concern. Your well water does not emit any such radiation. Hence it is not detrimental to the health of your baby. Any side effects caused by the use of this quality of hard water drawn out from well are not so far proven. So there is no harm in using this water.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you.

Dr. J. Ticku