Is abilify, trihexyphenidyl and xanax a great combination?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
is abilify,trihexyphenidyl,and xanax a great combination?... to take together...
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 14 days later
Brief Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic Detailed Answer: Abilify is Aripiprazole, Xanax is a benzodiazepine drug and THP is a cholinergic drug. Arpiprazole is an antipsychotic drug and THP is given along with to prevent Extra pyramidal side effects. Over all the combination is safe and good combination. Thanks

Follow-up: Is abilify, trihexyphenidyl and xanax a great combination? 13 hours later
ok the only problem is I have a hard time wanting to being out and go places.... I still have abit of anixety in stores and stuff.... plus I have akethesia I can't wait or sit down for my doctor appointments I always have a feeling of that I need to move around... any solutions.. I really want to get back out there and pursue college and do things.....

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 34 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic again Detailed Answer: The symptoms like difficulty in going out, fear in stores is part of anxiety disorder and these are some symptoms of agoraphobia. Usually it is associted with panic disorder. Akathesia is also part of anxiety. You have been given good medicines and I would advise you to continue to take these medicines. Usually the medicines take 4-6 weeks to show the effect. Other medicines like SSRI are also useful. You can discuss with your doctor for that. Apart from that behavior therapy also have proven results. Thanks, you can ask again if you have more questions.

Follow-up: Is abilify, trihexyphenidyl and xanax a great combination? 7 minutes later
what type of ssri could go well with the Meds I'm taking now?.... I take 5mg of abilify,2mg of trihexyphenidyl,and 1mg of xanax..... should I boost the xanax or just wait for the 6 weeks.... shall these be best to treat my agoraphobia?.... cause sometimes I don't know how to deal with is just rather stay home.... I really don't feel comfortable going far from my house or being out/around people.... but I'm not depressed...

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 days later
Brief Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic Detailed Answer: As the doses of Aripiprazole are 5 mg and this is a very low dose. As per my opinion there is no need to take Trihexiphenidyl because at this dose the EPS side effects are not commonly seen. Any SSRI can be taken with these drugs. Commonly Sertaline, Escitalopram are used. There is no need to increase the dose of Xanax because this drug provides relaxation only. Wait for at least 4-6 weeks to see the effect of drug. Most of the symptoms you have mentioned are due to agoraphobia and there is need to take medicines for prolonged time. Thanks

Follow-up: Is abilify, trihexyphenidyl and xanax a great combination? 7 hours later
so will and a can the agoraphobia go away?... I also hate being out driving alone at night.... could I take maybe another like herbal/supplement that can also help me with my anxiety to keep me calm?....

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello again Detailed Answer: Yes agoraphobia responds to medicines with good results and most of individuals start showing improvement in about 3-4 weeks. As I have mentioned SSRIs are mainstay of treatment. Herbal supplements can result in improvement in anxiety symptoms and are also useful but for proper treatment there is need to take some proper medicines but for best results please take advise of a doctor and SSRI or SNRIs will help in quick recovery. Thanks

Follow-up: Is abilify, trihexyphenidyl and xanax a great combination? 1 hour later
ok I have this problem where I can't really go out anywhere like stores when its dark outside and I just can't stand still.... I'm very very fidgety... so that's why I hate going places cause I can't stay still....

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello again Detailed Answer: The symptom you have mentioned like inability to stand still in stores when there is dark and development of anxiety is due to agoraphobia only. In most of cases it is associated with panic disorder. Apart from medicines you can control this by behavioral modification and behavior therapy. Thanks

what Meds to take for agoraphobia?.... I take just xanax and when I feel nervous I take a xanax....

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello again Detailed Answer: SSRIs are mainstay of treatment of agoraphobia. Mainly Escitalopram, Sertaline, Fluoxetine etc are used. The medicines usually start showing their effect in about 4-6 weeks and these should be taken for at least 6 months. The medicines act by correcting serotonin neurotransmission and help in improving the symptoms. Xanax is good drug for agoraphobia but the drug cause symptomatic control only. Also it is with dependence potential and it should be taken with proper prescription only. Thanks

so if you were prescribing me what will you put me on what works mainly for people?.... the most popular.... so I can get my life back on track.....

Brief Answer: Hello again Detailed Answer: if I have to prescribe considering the symptoms I would like to prescribe Sertaline starting from 100 mg per day and depending upon response to increase the dose to 200 mg per day in about 2-4 weeks. As the drug is safe and is a SSRI so it is usually used as main stay of treatment in agoraphobia. Consult a good psychiatrist for detailed prescription of this drug. Apart from drugs start doing relaxation exercises. Thanks

Follow-up: Is abilify, trihexyphenidyl and xanax a great combination? 58 minutes later
alright must do...

Brief Answer: Hello again Detailed Answer: Wish you a good health. Thanks

Follow-up: Is abilify, trihexyphenidyl and xanax a great combination? 55 minutes later
so you think I should add that to my xanax,abilify, n trihexyphenidyl?.....

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 28 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello sgain Detailed Answer: Best is to discuss with your doctor for SSRI plus Xanax. As per my opinion there is no need to take anti psychotics. Thanks

Follow-up: Is abilify, trihexyphenidyl and xanax a great combination? 5 hours later
I in some case have paranoia schizophrenia that's the reason for the abilify...... I'm kind of afraid if I don't take the abilify the symptoms in some way will come back.... that's the reason for the antisycotic Meds.... so taking zoloft added to the abilify you believe could do me good with being an agoraphobia?...