Is abdominal pain caused due to gall bladder surgery?
User rating for this question
hello, I have had a persistent abdominal pain for about 6 months now. I have gone to a physician about it and he has put me on antacids. However it does not work and the pain is getting more severe. I did have gall stones before but never gall bladder surgery. Could this pain be related to the gall stones or could it be something more severe?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need further tests&consultation with GI specialist Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, If the abdominal pain did not show any improvement within the 6 months while taking antiacids, I'd suggest to run some other tests and to consult a GI specialist for further and more specific evaluation. This is done to exclude gall bladder stones and other causes. I'd suggest to : - do abdominal ultrasound (checking for gallbladder, pancreas, uro-genital problems) - do urine analysis - do vaginal swab testing - if you are also having bowel movements changes, then, should do culture of the feces for candida/bacteria and examination for ova/parasites - do a complete blood profile together with biochemistry testing Meanwhile, I'd advise to - eat often, small portions and slowly - if you are having constipation problems, please try to drink more water and have more fiber rich foods together with fiber supplements - start taking probiotics - avoid oily, processed, spicy, chilly foods, and carbonated/chocolate/coffee/energetic drinks All the best! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up!
People also viewed
- Ennos stomach ache definition
- Is abdominal pain caused due to gall bladder surgery
- Stomach ache late in the day
- Aching in the thoracic diaphragm
- Lump near anus hamartoma
- Anus feels like electric shock
- Daily stomach aches and stringy stool
- Gall bladder surgery pain breathing
- Painfull hard lump near anus
- Palpable hard lump near anus
- Gall bladder surgery urination
- Solbadeine gall bladder surgery
- Mountain dew stomach aches
- Grey mucus in anus
- Seizures caused by gall bladder surgery