Is abdominal pain caused due to gall bladder surgery?
User rating for this question
hello, I have had a persistent abdominal pain for about 6 months now. I have gone to a physician about it and he has put me on antacids. However it does not work and the pain is getting more severe. I did have gall stones before but never gall bladder surgery. Could this pain be related to the gall stones or could it be something more severe?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need further tests&consultation with GI specialist Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, If the abdominal pain did not show any improvement within the 6 months while taking antiacids, I'd suggest to run some other tests and to consult a GI specialist for further and more specific evaluation. This is done to exclude gall bladder stones and other causes. I'd suggest to : - do abdominal ultrasound (checking for gallbladder, pancreas, uro-genital problems) - do urine analysis - do vaginal swab testing - if you are also having bowel movements changes, then, should do culture of the feces for candida/bacteria and examination for ova/parasites - do a complete blood profile together with biochemistry testing Meanwhile, I'd advise to - eat often, small portions and slowly - if you are having constipation problems, please try to drink more water and have more fiber rich foods together with fiber supplements - start taking probiotics - avoid oily, processed, spicy, chilly foods, and carbonated/chocolate/coffee/energetic drinks All the best! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up!
People also viewed
- Could swallowing a pieces of plastic cause appendicitis
- What doctor to consult for chronic appendicitis
- Is abdominal pain caused due to gall bladder surgery
- Cutting 6 year molars
- Throwing up yellow bile with appendicitis
- Can i cut onglyza tabs in half
- Loratadine gave me appendicitis symptoms
- Gall bladder surgery pain breathing
- Small cut at meatus
- Cut non stop pussing
- Itching at laproscopic appendectomy site
- Gall bladder surgery urination
- How to cut onglyza 5 mg tab
- Solbadeine gall bladder surgery
- Seizures caused by gall bladder surgery