Is a yellow pus like discharge from sore anus a sign of STD ?

Hi, for the past 2-3 days ive been having troubles doing a number '2' - alot of the times yellow pus is only coming out and its very sore to wipe, it sore when i bend over or move about significantly

i have attached a photo at this link which i took this morning

im 23 5ft 9 - 11.7 stone

i am XXXXXXX so hoping its not an std but looks like herpes?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Follow-up: Is a yellow pus like discharge from sore anus a sign of STD ? 1 hour later
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later

Presence of soreness with yellow pus discharge is a sign of infection, most commonly bacterial infection.

The picture you sent also reveals signs of inflammation probably secondary to infection.

If you had involved in recent unprotected sexual activity, 'STD's - bacterial infections/viral with secondary bacterial infections' cannot be ruled out.

Other likely causes are rectal abscess or infected rectal sinus.

You will need to a per rectal examination and microscopy and culture test on the pus discharge. They will confirm the type of infection. A course of appropriate antibiotics should treat the condition. Rarely surgical incision and drainage is entailed.

I hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be able to answer them as well.