Is a semen analysis result of 21500 mL correct?

General Surgeon
My husband just got back his semen analysis and it says 21,500 ml. Could this be right??? Only 21 thousand. I thought results are in millions. Is there any way to fix this? Could drinking the night before have done this? We have been trying to get pregnant for over a year. I found out today that I have polycystic ovaries and will start taking clomid next cycle. We didn't have his results when I had my tests run. I just can't believe his count could be so low.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 35 minutes later

Semen analysis report don`t appear to be correct. As normal semen volume is 2.5 ml. Sperm count varies from 20 million to 200 million per ml of semen. So it is not bad to go for recheck or repeat semen analysis. Drinking influences sperm count, but not in this way.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

Wish you early conception & speedy complete recovery at the earliest.