Is a rapid heart rate of 90 bpm, hollow feeling in chest, arms heavy and fatigue, a sign of any heart disease ?

Hi, I've been having what feels like a rapid heart rate but hasn't exceeded about 90 bpm, chest feels hollow and arms from shoulders down feel heavy and fatigued especially while lying down. Also the longer I lye flat I get severe pain in my right ankle, enough to force me to get out of bed. Thorasic ribcage pain primarily in the back region. No meds currently, never smoked, drink rarely. weight is not an issue. 54 yr. Male. Chronic pain from archnioditis and fibro. thx
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
Hi Roryb,

Having a heart rate of 90 bpm is not a problem . As you do not have any palpitation, dizziness or chest pain associated with it, you need not worry about.

Feeling fatigued might be due to lack of energy or age related.
Pain in the ankle and in the rib cage are more likely to be due to arthritis related reasons rather than any cardiac problem.For relief, you can take any OTC available good analgesic. Hot fomentation will also help you a lot.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Is a rapid heart rate of 90 bpm, hollow feeling in chest, arms heavy and fatigue, a sign of any heart disease ? 13 minutes later
So fatigue can be isolated to the limbs? What causes my chest to feel hollow.
I had a chest xray about the rib cage pain and there was no indication of arthritis. Of course that was done while I still had health ins.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

The fatigue is not likely to be related to the limbs. In arthritis, pain is the very first symptom and the changes in X-ray are very late to appear and are seen only in the advanced disease.

It would be better to get examined and evaluated by a Physician to know the exact cause of fatigue in you. Investigations like Complete Blood count, Thyroid Profile, Ultrasound Abdomen, EKG might be asked to be done.

Feeling of Hollow chest could be due to fatigue and would change once you regain your health.

Hope this answers your query.