Is a heart scan with a volume score of 36 mm a cause of concern ?

today I had a heart scan, I am 41 years old and had an Agatston score of 48.88 exclusively in my LAD (other regions were clear). I have a family history of heart disease, but I am physically active, don't smoke, and have a healthy diet. The volume score was 36.00 mm....should I be worried?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later

Heart scans or coronary calcium scans, provide pictures of your heart's arteries (coronary arteries). Doctors use heart scans to look for calcium deposits in the coronary arteries that can narrow your arteries and increase your heart attack risk. The result of this test is often called a Coronary calcium score.

A score of 36mm puts you at a moderate risk of having a heart problem.

It means that you need more aggressive treatment of your heart attack risk factors, such as medications or lifestyle changes. You need to have a healthier diet, reduce your cholesterol and start doing regular aerobics.

Other screening tests like lipid profile and angiography might also be needed to further evaluate the extent of risk.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.