Is a cut close to anus, swelling, and pain due to fissure?

I have hemorrhoids maybe once a year and it is not bad and goes away in a few days. I thought I had one two weeks ago .. It has not gone away and in fact nothing like the others I have had. It is more like a cut very close to my anus but there is still swelling like other times. I have used same things prep H, just not working at all now. I have had to do more driving then normal and I am having sex, not anal but everything is hurting now, someone told me I had fishers? Is that what it sounds like?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Anal fissures are likely. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. A hemorrhoid is basically a small swollen blood vessel in the area of the anus. On occasion, these can be triggered by - prolonged sitting, heavy lifting, pregnancy or possibly from anal sexual intercourse. By the history provided it seems that you might be having Anal fissures. An anal fissure is a crack or tear in the skin of the anal canal. Anal fissures may cause severe periodic pain after defecation but with chronic fissures pain intensity is often less. Anal fissures usually extend from the anal opening and can involve the anal gland and results in infection. Infection of the glands can produce a foul smell. You might consult your doctor for an examination and specific treatment of the underlying condition. In the mean time, having sitz bath, and application of Preparation H ointment can help to relieve your symptoms. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: Is a cut close to anus, swelling, and pain due to fissure? 2 hours later
Thank you for your time and knowledge. First what could be a underlying condition causing this? I would like to know what to do to never get this again? I have never had this before. I have been using preparation H and on this it is no relief is there something else I can buy over the counter that will work better?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Constipation is the main cause. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. There are various causes of fissures like less intake of fibre, pregnancy, being overweight and constipation or hard stool. Some measures for you: 1)Have fibre rich diet as oats, XXXXXXX pulses, flaxseeds as they help in bowel movement. You can take "Triphala chur" which is an ayurvedic preparation for bowel movements. 2)Drink lots of water throughout the day. 3)Go for a brisk walk or jogging daily for half an hour. 4)Take "Sitz bath"(tub filled with hot water,add potassium permenganate and sit with buttocks down for 5 to 10 minutes 2 to 3 times in a day) 5)Take Bioflavinoids in supplement form.It is also found in citrus fruits. 6)Apply Calendula cream or Aloe vera gel around the inflamed area to relieve itching and pain. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards