Is a calcium level of 10.9 and AST of 46 normal for a 15 month old child?

I took my 15month old to doctor for well check up. A CMP was done because a few months ago she was having pale stools. Her calcium was 10.9 and AST was 46. She is in the 75th percentile for her height and weight so she is growing approp. Should I be concerned about the lab results?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

The AST levels in your child are mildly raised - normal are upto 35. But a rise in AST levels does not always mean a liver disease.
These mildly raised AST levels are absolutely normal in growing children due to the bone growth that is taking place inside their body. Alone mildly raised levels of AST in an otherwise healthy child does not have much clinical significance.

In children the normal levels of calcium range from 7.6 to 10.8 mg/dL. So, your child has normal blood calcium. Mild higher or lower levels are again a normal finding in growing children.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.