Is Zyprexa with Depakote or Abilfy with Depakote a better option?

Hello, I have a choice in medications for my son. Age 14 - Zyprexa with Depakote or Ability with Depakote. He is currently in patient at a Psychiatric hospital. Any in sight into this would be appreciated.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: They are equally efficacious Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I a so sorry to hear about this psychiatric condition that your child has. Abilfy and zypreza are essentially drugs in the same class used for treatment of psychiatric conditions. Their mode of action and side effects are almost identical. Choosing one over the other would simply be a choice and not because one is not as good or more XXXXXXX than another. In all, they are equally efficacious. just pick any and go with. If finances are hard to come by, then pick the less expensive. Check on the local prices at pharmacies. Also, monitor and report any abnormal new symptoms like difficulty moving, talking, trembling, etc to your doctor as they can be side effects related to these drugs. Price and availability are the only factors to base your choice on as they are equally efficacious. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish him the best of health. I wish you well as you do all to get your son well managed for this condition. Keep up! Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Is Zyprexa with Depakote or Abilfy with Depakote a better option? 4 minutes later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you so much, Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for your kind words. I wish your son the best of health. Feel free to contact us in future if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.