Is Zylin better than Oxicontin?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
i HEARD THIS AM THAT A MEDICATION STARTING WITH "ZY...." SOMETHING, BUT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN OXICONTIN.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Zylin (pregabalin) may be more effective. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Unfortunately, you could not mention the complete name of the drug. However, based on your symptoms of neuropathic pain, pregabalin is an effective drug. ZYLIN is one of the brands for this drug. The usual effective dose of pregabalin is 75 mg twice daily, and the dose may be increased to 150 mg twice daily. Other effective drugs for your nerve pain could be gabapentin and duloxetine capsules. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in