Is Zolpidem dangereous for the health?

Is Zolpidem dangereous for the health ?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will provide you with some information and recommendations regarding your concerns.

Zolpidem is a very safe medication when taken as prescribed by physicians. This is a medication which is taking usually at bedtime and within roughly 30 minutes it will help a patient fall asleep.

This medication generally will work for about 4 to 6 hours. it is not recommended that you should take this medication during the day or at times when you must operate heavy machinery, drive or perform any active tasks.

I have many patients who take this medication on a regular basis and for a long period of time without any negative side effects.

Again I want to emphasize that this is a very safe medication that can be used successfully without toxic side effects.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert