Is Zolab-zolpidem tablet IP the same as Zolpidem tartrate?

Is Zolab - zolpidem tablet IP the same as Zolpidem tartrate?
have been on and off these long term due to extensive travel and they always work giving me a refreshed sleep where I can get up and go straight to my work/days requirements. But do they have a long term effect on the brain over the years.
I assume this is confidential?
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Yes, confidentially is maintained on this website.

Zolab and zolpidem are the same medication. Zolab is one of the trade names of zolpidem , this means it is one of the names it is sold under by a drug company but the drug is the same.

There are different formulations of zolpidem : (1) the 5 mg or 10 mg dose (2) extended release formulation with 6.25 mg and 12.5 mg doses (3) sublingual tablets- this means placed under the tongue

There are potential effects from long term use, these effects may or may not occur, some potential effects are dizziness, dependence on the drug to sleep, excess drowsiness and possibly decreased effectiveness.

These are the only known long term effects it may have on the brain.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions