Is Zantack intake safe when creatine is 6.3?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My creatine number on the last blood test was 6.3. I am 82 years old. Is zantack sa fe for me to take for constant burping and belching?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Ranitidine has small influence on creatinine secretion and it can be used safely in most mild renal disorders. Ranitidine is metabolised through kidneys and tehre may be slower excretion of it in patient with renal failure. So the drug is generally well-tolerated,but the daily dosage should initially be reduced in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment. I suggest to use ranitidine 75mg.If isnt helpful you can increase dosage gradually and control creatinine frequently. WIsh you good health. Regards