Is Vicodin advisable for pain relief?

is taking 5 per day of 10 mg of vicodin vs 7 per day of the 5 mg stribonger
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Better take 5 mg vicodin but less than 8 per day. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. I would like to tell you that vicodin contains combination of 2 pain killers that is acetaminophen along with hydrocodone bitartrate & its dose is adjusted as per severity of pain & response of patient. Its given 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hourly. Its given in 5 mg tablets generally & dose should not exceed 8 tablets a day. Consult your physician before starting it. Hope I answered your query Wishing you good health Regards Dr. Neha Sumra