Is Unicortin effective in osteoarthritis treatment?
User rating for this question
I unicortin effective with osteoarthritis
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not well indicated for osteoarthritis. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I am afraid osteoarthritis has a specific management protocol and many evidence based recommendations do exist. Many evidence based measures do exist like simple analgesics, non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, steroids at times, topical anti inflammatory drugs, biphosphates etc. Unicortin , which is a specific form of a drug that has been used to treat mainly diseases of the respiratory system, especially asthma, and at times chronic bronchitis, has not been recommended in any evidence based review in the scientific literature. The effectiveness of unicortin in osteoarthritis is not certain. I suggest standard recommended treatment for osteoarthritis be applied first. The opinion of a rheumatologist would be most helpful. Your health condition does not deserve taking drugs anyhow. I think Unicortin is really not made for osteoarthritis. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best. Standard, proven options should be different first, in my humble opinion. Kind regards, Dr Bain
People also viewed
- Is headache a side effect of gentamicin?
- Is dry mouth a side effect of strattera?
- Effects of osteoarthritis
- Is unicortin effective in osteoarthritis treatment
- Usage of Coversyl
- Osteoarthritis treatment new injection
- Side effect of Fulvestrant
- Is sweating a side effect of vancomycin?
- Is restlessness a side effect of latuda?
- Is dry mouth a side effect of myrbetriq?
- Usage of Biotene
- Side effect of Zinc gluconate
- Knee and heel pain x ray confirms early osteoarthritis treatment
- Osteoarthritis treatment in cmc vellore
- Usage of Dosulepin