Is Tylenol intake safe to control pain due to injury?

Hi This morning I was walking to a meeting in Manhattan and a large pice of snow and ice fell from a tall building and hit me on the side of the head. I had a huge bump and pain on the side of my head, felt dizzy, blurry and a llittle nauseous shortly thereafter. I proceeded to the office used lots of ice bags took Tylenol and don't do too much - felt verey sleepy but tried notnto fall asleep. The dizziness. And sentivity to light lifted and I was able to work productively in the afternoon. Now I still have the bump on my head and a killer headache.. I am back in my hotel room and I fly home tomorrow. I didn't want to deal with an emergency room or urgent care center today because I figured they would tell me to do what i did and see my own doctor when I return home to Boton. That said my headache is getting worse. Should I just take more Tylenol and keep waking myself up every few hours tonight in case of concussion?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. Once in 6 hours. Consult Neurologist Earlier. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I suspect you might be suffering from mild concussion. Yes. You can take Tylenol( Acetaminophen) every 6 hours to control the pain at prescribed dose. Please do not take any other NSAIDS like Ibuprofen. Drink plenty of water. Avoid any aggressive activities and stressful conditions. Avoid any recreational activities like alcohol or smoke. As your symptoms are worsening, Please come to your home town earlier and do consult a neurologist soon and get investigated like CT or MRI brain with complete neurological examination. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.