Is Trimovate cream available without prescription?

Can I purchase Trimovate cream without a prescription?. Have just finished the tube I was prescribed and it is difficult for me to get to see my GP at the moment.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Trimovate is a moderately potent steroid cream and is used in cases of Dermatitis and Eczema.

The treatment for such things take time and in case you were prescribed this by a dermatologist you can get another one for repeat use.

In case the problem is still persisting, showing no results or has come up again, then you should get a repeat examination before you continue applying the cream, as topical steroids can lead to thinning of skin, hypo pigmentation of the skin etc.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra