Is Timolol eye drops safe for itching and burining in eyes?

hi yes, um im having some really bad iching and burning along with red eyes.....? can I use the timolol eye drops until I see a my dr. on monday I have a server eye irritation, my eyes are itchy, red, and dry all around. This what I've done to help it... I've rubbed Vaseline on it to help with the itching and dryness and now smoking outdoors. ? is...can I use Timolol gel eye drops until I can see a Dr. on Monday
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Timolol may not help unless you have glaucoma Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Timolol is a medication used to treat a condition called glaucoma in which the pressure inside the eyes increases. Itching is not a symptom of glaucoma, and most probably you either have an infection or irritation due to something foreign. I would advice the use of eye drops with the active contents ciprofloxacin + dexamethasone. This medication will target both infections, as well as the inflammation and redness caused by allergic reactions. Please use this instead of the timolol drops till you can meet your doctor. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.