Is TSH level of 7.46,normal?

Hello, The query I have is regarding my son born pre term (at 32 weeks and 3 days). His Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) level 45 days after his birth were at 7.46. I wanted to check if this is of any concern and requires any further investigation or follow up since the normal range in this test report is between 0.465 - 4.680. The baby was born on 8 Dec 2013 and therefore will soon be completing 3 months. Based on speacialist advice on this portal we did a follow up investigation and now the TSH is within range at 4.47 (the interval as per lab report is 0.35 - 5.50) however the T4 levels are 14.1 which is beyond the interval as per lab of 3.2-12.60. Kindly advice. The baby is now 85 days old.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 8 hours later
Brief Answer: All well. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX hi! I had answered your query previously as well. your son's values are normal and within limits now. t4 range for this age is 7. - 15.5. so all well, don't worry. but my advise is to closely monitor his growth parameters, and annually repeat his thyroid profile till he is 3 yrs. regards!