Is Rydroxyzin same as Hyroxyzine?

Is Rydroxyzin and Hyroxyzine the same thing?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Must be a typo Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query To the best of my knowledge there is no drug called rydroxyzin. It must be a typo. Please do check again with the prescribing doctor. I would like to add here that hydroxyzine is an antihistaminic drug most commonly used for hives, it does have a mild sedative effect but usually it is not given as a first line agent to induce sleep I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me Regards
Follow-up: Is Rydroxyzin same as Hyroxyzine? 56 minutes later
I haven't filled this script yet, but it's definitely an "R" and no "e". its for 50 mg and he told me not to take it with the Xanax. Maybe his writing is just atrocious. I'm thinking it is supposed to be hydroxyzine. I'm also concerned if the main "inert" ingredient is "potassium stearate". I've gotten very ill from Prozac, Zoloft, viibryd, and methocarbamol. These all had potassium stearate as the main ingredient and gave me explosive diarrhea. thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thanks for the reply Sorry for the short delay in my reply, I was on call at my hospital I strongly recommend you to go back or at least call your doctor before taking these medications. Hydroxyzine comes in 50 mg strength and it should not be taken with xanax as it causes at additive effect of prolonged drowsiness. The main active ingredient is Hydroxyzine hydrochloride and inactive ingredients are anhydrous lactose, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, FD&C Yellow No. 6, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80 and titanium dioxide. At our hospital the management decided to give a printed prescription to everyone to avoid this confusion, maybe you could suggest the same to them to avoid such confusion. I hope I was of help Regards