Is Repace or is Nebicard better for BP treatment?

My average BP for the Last I month is 160/100. I am taking Repace H (Morning) and Dilzem CD 180 (Night). Now I want to know which is the better option at night Repace 50 or Nebicard SM.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. I have read your query well and find that your blood pressure is not controlled properly and hence needs to be controlled. There is no doubt that the NEBICARD SM is better than REPACE 50. It is because of two facts. 1... NEBICARD SM is a combination of two antihypertensives,NEBIVILOL and AMLODIPINE while REPACE is a single drug called LOSARTAN.( two antihypertensive drugs would definitely have better antihypertensive effect as compared to single antihypertensive ). 2... Datas suggest that AMLODIPINE in itself has much better antihypertensive effect than LOSARTAN. However you must discuss with your doctor regarding the medicine to be taken and should avoid taking any medicine of your own. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks