Is Protien X or is Ensure best suitable for weight gain without any side effects?

Hello Doctor, I am Raghu 25 yrs old, I am planning to increase my weight by 8 to 10 kgs, so I have been suggested to use protein X or ensure powder. Therefore, could you please let me know out of these two which one is good along with possible side effects of these products. Many thanks XXXX
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: ENSURE powder+Balanced diet is recommended Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Firstly, the contents of the so-called weight-enhancing formulations are not known. Formulations, which have anabolic steroids as part of their contents, are bound to have undesirable side effects. However, you may take PROTINEX granules or ENSURE powder/granules, 3 Tablespoons THRICE daily. They are TOTALLY SAFE, do NOT contain anabolic steroids, and contain all vitamins, minerals and other elements as per body requirement. above ALL, they do NOT have any side effects. In addition, the IDEAL, scientific and safest method of increasing your body weight is to modify your diet as follows:- Take a high calorie diet with increased amount of carbohydrates; very high protein content in diet : lots of soya bean, lentils/pulses, peanuts. Take plenty of water daily. Regular physical exercises, such as, gym, cycling, jogging, aerobics. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal