Is Plan B less effective on overweight women?

I took Plan B but then I was reading that it is less effective on women that are overweight. Can I take XXXXXXX even though I already took Plan B?
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes but, consider Intra Uterine Device insertion. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Though plan B is less effective in fat women, it does not mean that it cannot help prevent from unwanted pregnancy. It simply means that it may not be as effective in obese women as in women who are not obese. It is at least better than nothing! Taking XXXXXXX is the recommended brand for obese women. However, the ideal means of contraception after an unprotected sex in obese women is IUD. Please, talk to your doctor about it. Because XXXXXXX has been proven to be more effective in obese women, if you are unable to get the IUD, then feel free to take XXXXXXX I do not anticipate any huge difference in the side effects profile while at the same time providing reported additional benefits in obese women. Please.excess weight is detrimental to health.If you would want to loose weight, then talk to your dietitian.Good feeding habit, and regular exercise can help achieve this. Also, if you have no established contraceptive plan, please talk with your doctor about that. I hope you find the above information helpful.I wish you we. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for more clarifications and information if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.