Is Nortriptyline an alcohol inhibitor?

Is Nortriptyline an alcohol inhibitor? Lessens the effects of drinking?
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No, Alcohol rather aggravates! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Nortriptyline makes the effect of alcohol worse. This sis why we recommend avoiding alcohol consumption while taking this drug. It also reduces your level of mental alertness requiring that you avoid activities that require great precision like operating a machine. I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.