Is Natpreg intake safe during pregnancy?

Mar 2016

I am pregnant .My EDD 25 XXXXXXX Now dr has recommended take Natpreg 100mg .Should i take this.What is it?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: NATURAL PROGESTERONE. YOU CAN TAKE IT. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. 1) NATPREG is a natural micronised progesterone supplement and it is quite safe during pregnancy. 2) You can take this medicine according to your doctor's prescription to prevent premature birth (before EDD) of the baby. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and successful motherhood. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Is Natpreg intake safe during pregnancy? 3 hours later
hi i just want to know what is the need of taking this medicine as the term or time is on completion.Now whats the meaning of premature birth?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. 1) Basically, there is NO need to take Progesterone supplement near term or 1 week before EDD. It is expected that baby will be enough mature with adequate liquor volume near term for smooth delivery. 2) However, Progesterone supplement can be given before EDD or near term to delay labor for short time in some condition like Low Birth Weight or baby is not well developed (Premature baby) due to Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR). According to a recent study, women with a short cervix can take this kind of hormonal treatment. You must consult with your OBSTETRICIAN regarding this. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion. All the best and good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen