Is Mometasone Furoate and Fusidic acid application safe when having Rosacea?

Can I use Mometasone Furoate & Fusidic acid cream for a very itchy area of the face? I am having Rosacea and I am on a dosage of 5 mg tretiva?
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Metronidazole ointment will be better. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. As you were diagnosed with Rosacea and you are on Tretiva, the itchy rash might be flared up Rosacea. Mometasone is a steroid and it usually aggravate the condition. Fusidic Acid is an antibiotic and can help you if applied alone. But the best topical ointment for your situation is Metronidazole ointment. If the rash you have mentioned it not similar to your previous rosacea rash, then Triple action ointment like Lobate -GM will help. Use good quality sunscreen lotion with SPF above 30 before going out to sunlight. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.