Is Meladerm the right medication for acne marks?

Please suggest if meladerm is the right choice for dark acne marks. I am having dark acne marks on my cheeks.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 2 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

Meladerm is a combination cream containing arbutin,gigawhite etc.I would consider it as a very mild cream to have an effect on acne pigmented scars.In fact you should try a tretinoin based creams which should be used on the spots at night.Along with this you should use a sunscreen in the day time.

It is also important to see that whether your fresh acne lesions have completely stopped or not.If you are still getting fresh pimples then you should not use this cream.Instead you should take a good anti acne treatment from a dermatologist.Once your acne has completely stopped then you should go for treating spots.

The best option for the spots would be chemical peeling (either glycolic acid or salicylic acid peels).You can even think of laser peels if the facilities are available at your city.

Hope I have answered your query, Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.
Follow-up: Is Meladerm the right medication for acne marks? 11 hours later
Fresh acne lesions on my face have not stopped completely. They pop up frequently. I tried the treatment at XXXXXXX skin clinic like XXXXXXX peels. But unfortunately i could not see any progress in span of 4 months. So i stopped it after 10 sessions and it was to expensive to carry on with it. Please suggest if i can XXXXXXX any good dermatalogist for acne treatment at hyderabad and is this treatment available at affordable price.

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

If you are still getting new lesions then that should be treated first. In fact chemical peels can be taken side by side. Laser peel can also be tried but it would be slightly costly.

There are very good medicines available for treating acne now a days. Isotretinoin is one such medicine, which is usually given for resistant acne cases. Kindly talk to your dermatologist regarding the same.

To find a good Dermatologist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing; those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
There are many dermatologists in Hyderabad but I know only few of them personally.
You can talk to Dr. XXXXXXX who is a dermatologist and has laser facilities also available at his place. His contact number is 0000. You can give my reference to him.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.