Is Losartan Potassium a nitrate medication, Is it safe to take with Viagra?

Question
Is Losartan Potassium 100mg a nitrate medication? Is it safe to take with 50mg of Viagra?
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Guru 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not take until your treating doctor advises

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Losartan is not a nitrate medication. But, though it is not a nitrate medication, I cannot recommend using of viagra along with it unless a thorough physical examination is done. Moreover, today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW