Is Levolin puff safe for cold and cough treatment?

Rheumatologist
Question
H Doctor, My daughter is 4yr 4 months old. In the cold and rainy season she gets frequent cols and cough and viral fever. Usualy viral fever is followed by few days of cold and cough. Doctor recommended levolin and budecort inhalers. Levolin doses - tapered down from 4 to 6 to 8 to 12 and then stopped. However after stopping for two days I observed that she's coughing again at nights but it is very mild and there is no chest congestion. If i give her levolin puffs she's fine. Can I give her as and when she gets cough in cold and rainy season? Budecort is still on till the season ends. Is there any retractal symptoms for both of these inhalers?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: yes you can Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. Yes, you can give her levolin puff as and when required, budecort can be given regularily till march. Both inhalers are safe. But it is a good idea, if you can ask your daughter to do gargle or mouth rinse with plain water after taking inhaler Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok

Follow-up: Is Levolin puff safe for cold and cough treatment? 6 hours later
Thanks doctor!! I mean taking her out in the evenings, will it again trigger cold. I can not keep her locked in the house. And does immunity have anything to do with it? Any particular food habits? Also, she's hyperactive, when she plays she again gets cough may be a bronchospasm. So apart from using inhalers are there any preventive measures? Also these inhalers when retrieved will not have any side effects? Will this kind of allergy reduce by age?

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: take it one by one Detailed Answer: Hi, Let me answer one by one-- I mean taking her out in the evenings, will it again trigger cold. I can not keep her locked in the house. And does immunity have anything to do with it? Any particular food habits? ---- good nutrition, proper clothing can only help, also check her Vitamin D level and supplement if low. Also, she's hyperactive, when she plays she again gets cough may be a bronchospasm. So apart from using inhalers are there any preventive measures? -- inhalers are very safe to prevent broncospam, but prevention from cold is the only option Also these inhalers when retrieved will not have any side effects?-- these are very safe, and no big side effects except mild chance of oral thrush, so better idea to get mouth ringe after each inhaler Will this kind of allergy reduce by age? --yes, this can be reduce by the age of 8 to 12 years