Is Lasik a good option for a power of -9 on the left and -7 on the right eye ?

I am 24 years old and I have an eye power of -9 in my left eye and around -7 in my right eye. Do you suggest that we go for lasik eye operation?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Follow-up: Is Lasik a good option for a power of -9 on the left and -7 on the right eye ? 3 minutes later
The alternative that we have thought of is ICL - embedding the Contact lens into the eyes permanently. Can you please advise which would be better?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later

In my opinion you should go in for LASIK procedure to correct the refractive error.

You seem to be a suitable canditate for it having a stable numbers for an year and more than 18 yrs of age. The doctor shall first do the keratometry to assess the thickness of cornea before he says you what is expected after the LASIK.

There are relatively no side effects for LASIK if done by technically sound surgeon.

All the best.