Is Laser surgery a good option for spinal stenosis?
User rating for this question
About one year ago my orthopedic physician diagnosed me with spinal stenosis(cv-3). My past health history problems stemmed from a gunshot wound to the back 35 years ago(age 29) and as a result I am a T-12 incomplete paraplegic. I have full return of bladder and bowel functions and the right upper and lower extremities but paralysis of the lower left leg. I was able to walk with the aide of a straight leg brace and crutches for 3 of those years but now I am wheelchair bound and I feel I have done remarkably well until I was told about the stenosis. We discussed surgery(with a 50/50 odds) but I became very ill and frightened at the thought of being totally paralyzed from neck down. I have not had the surgery but I am feeling unusual pain in the neck, shoulders, arms and hands which are temporarily relieved with medications. I recently read on laser surgery but I am not sure if that's the right way to go or if at all. Please advise Thank You
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later
Brief Answer: It is right way to go. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Laser surgery for spinal stenosis is a good option if the pain persists and conservative treatment fails to provide relief. These are minimally invasive procedure with higher success rates, fewer side effects and shorter recovery time compared to traditional open back surgeries. In my opinion it is right way to go. Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have any more concerns. Take care.
People also viewed
- Is headache a side effect of combigan?
- Is depression a side effect of belviq?
- Is dry mouth a side effect of casodex?
- Spinal stenosis causes and alcohol
- Spinal stenosis and loss of conciousness
- Spinal stenosis and swollen abdomen
- Symptoms of chronic cervical spondylosis
- Symptoms of cases deformity
- Menstruation problems spinal stenosis
- Symptoms of intervertebral disc disease
- Symptoms of vertebral disc disorder
- Is seizures a side effect of cellcept?
- Is laser surgery a good option for spinal stenosis
- Symptoms of vertebral disc injury
- Is ear pain a side effect of claravis?