Is Ibuprofern and Creatine intake safe when suffering from kidney disease?

I have FSGS a kidney disease, I take Lisinipriol 20 mg twice daily, not sure of my counts at this time, I fell about two weeks ago and hurt my back I have been taking around 5,000 mg of ibuprofern daily for this, and also started taking creatine supplement for exercise regiment: will these cause my kidneys to get worse
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes, ibuprofen is not kidney friendly Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so foe trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this fall. Ibuprofen causes a reduction in the levels of prostaglandins which keeps the renal artery dilated to permit adequate blood supply to the kidneys. This will result in low blood supply and cause the kidneys to suffer. There area other pain medications that can help with your pains without causing this same problem like tramadol, codeine, etc. however you would need to see your doctor to get the prescription because they are controlled substances. Also, the very high dose of ibuprofen can cause severe digestive bleeding. We generally avoid prescribing more than 2400Mg in adults per day. Consider stepping down this dose if you cannot stop and get as different pain medication. I hope this helps. I wish you well and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Is Ibuprofern and Creatine intake safe when suffering from kidney disease? 3 hours later
what about the creatine supplement could this also cause damage to my kidneys
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. I a sorry I didn't comment about creatinine. It will not cause any damage to your kidneys. I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.