Is Homocheck effective for high homocysteine?
User rating for this question
Dear Doctor, my doctor has prescribed Homocheck for high homocysteine, will it help to control. He suggested for 3 months and 3 months are over now, do i stop or i take a test and stop. Pl advice
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: retest and need more info Detailed Answer: Hi I am Dr Saumya Mittal. Homocheck is a combination of vitamin B12 and folate levels. So even if you continue taking it, there should be no harm. However I would suggest you retest the levels of Homocysteiene before deciding about stopping the medicine. What were your symptoms? Why was Homocysteiene done? Awaiting you response and report. I may be able to help you better thereafter Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal
People also viewed
- Treatment of high homocysteine levels
- Is unpleasant breath odor a side effect of macrobid?
- Hands differences in blood pressure
- Blood transfusions in diabetics
- High blood pressure since taking diprofos injection
- Is flushing of the face a side effect of infliximab?
- Is bloody or cloudy urine a side effect of losartan?
- Symptoms of high homocysteine
- High homocysteine levels symptoms
- Blood in faeces and herniated disc
- Is dark-colored urine a side effect of levofloxacin?
- Prolapsed disc and blood in stool
- Cause of high homocysteine
- Is trouble with sleeping a side effect of golimumab?
- Is homocheck effective for high homocysteine