Is Homocheck effective for high homocysteine?

Dear Doctor, my doctor has prescribed Homocheck for high homocysteine, will it help to control. He suggested for 3 months and 3 months are over now, do i stop or i take a test and stop. Pl advice
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: retest and need more info Detailed Answer: Hi I am Dr Saumya Mittal. Homocheck is a combination of vitamin B12 and folate levels. So even if you continue taking it, there should be no harm. However I would suggest you retest the levels of Homocysteiene before deciding about stopping the medicine. What were your symptoms? Why was Homocysteiene done? Awaiting you response and report. I may be able to help you better thereafter Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal