Is Hmol Injection, clavam and sinarest syrup the right treatment for child suffering from fever and runny nose?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
my daughter 2 year . She got fever & running nose from yesterday afternoon We given crosin 5ml at 6.00pm night 9.30pm and then 2.30 am but tempertature is 102 at 4 .30 am So at 4.30 we given mefathalP After that temperture come down to normal Agiain 10.30 we given mefathalP Temperature normal till 3.PM Agian it increased to 102 at 4.00 Pm So we visted nearby general physian They given Hmol Injection and CLAVAM-BID DRY 5ml-0-5ml & SINAREST SYRUP 5ml -2.5ml-5ml BUT TEMPERATURE IS STILL 101 TEMPERATURE NOT REDUCED AFTER INJECTION AND ABOVE SYRUP. TODAY NEAR BY NO PEDIATRICIAN AVAILABLE If it continue night what to do. Whether general physician given right dosage Give me some guidence
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Safe dose Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Do not worry. From your query the fever and runny nose seem to be due to a viral infection. Body tries to eliminate virus from the body by increasing temperature. A viral usually takes 5 to 10 days to get better. Till the time virus is cleared from the body, fever will show up. Your physician has given the right dose. My advice would be: - continue meftal 3 ml every 8 hours along with crocin syrup 5ml every 4 hours. It needs to be given as long the kid has fever. - Continue other medicines as prescribed by him. The medicines meant for cold are to be given only if the kid has symptoms of cold like runny nose, sneezing etc. - Give her plenty of liquids to drink. Wishing your kid speedy recovery. Regards Dr Arun