Is HIV transmission possible after protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex?

Hello Doctor i had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex with a prostitute when i was in amsterdam on 6th january. after 4 days i had a small painless mouth ulcer on my lower lip and it has disappeared after a week. and after it disappeared i started having dry mouth and a little uneasy in my throat.i am really scared after i saw that these might be symptoms of acute hiv . i am really sleepless since i got that ulcer. Do you think i might have hiv?. and should i be worried regarding this symptoms.?Does all acute hiv symptoms come at nce or one or two symptoms is enough?.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: From what you are describing, the chance of HIV transmission is extremely low. Also, the typical time course from exposure to onset of symptoms related to acute HIV infection is about 2-4 weeks at the earliest. It is true that oral ulcers may be a part of this acute infection, but it also would likely include fever and enlarged lymph nodes. The oral ulcer is otherwise not specific as a painless ulcer. That being said, you need an HIV test now and repeated at an interval to be discussed with your doctor. I hope that this helps and good luck!
Follow-up: Is HIV transmission possible after protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex? 2 days later
hallo doctor ! today I went to doctor to check my sosr throat and he said it might be pharyngitis. this is my 15th day after risky behavior . and I have never experienced sore throat for this long period due you think it might be due to hiv? which has been combined with a mouth sore.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 14 hours later
Brief Answer: I am sorry about the delay... Detailed Answer: I still believe that the chance of HIV is very very low, but you obviously have engaged in risky behavior and need to see a doctor and be tested. I will assume that you might not have brought this up with the doctor that you saw. There are other STD's that can cause pharyngitis. Please tell me what antibiotics you are on if any?