Is HIV possible after oral sex with an intact condom?

On Dec 21st Dec 2013 I have done a stupid act in my life . I went to Massage center i got a body to body massage the lady was topless and she was wearing her under garment . I was nude and she ended me with a happy ending and protected oral sex ( I was wearing a condom) but their is no intercourse or Anal sex. please help me i wont repeat this kind of stupid act again , Last week i have got burning sensation while urinating and bit pain , in past i had residual urine issue which become ok , Now i cant sleep peacefully guilt is killing me, On Feb 1st after 6 weeks i have planed go for HIV and all other STD screening for my peace , some Dr are telling no need to worry Hiv wont spread this way im confused , I planing to do the test in India at which on of the famous laboratory , I m confused which test i need to do P24 anti or Elisa if Elisa they use 4th Generation kit ? or no need to test at all please help me with clear answer without confusing , sorry if im harsh . 1. Will i get HIV 2. Will i get std 3. Do i need get tested for std and hiv , if it is when i need to get tested 4. iam i at risk
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are at least risk Detailed Answer: Hi, Mr XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your anxiety. Answering your questions: 1) You will not get HIV if you had oral sex with an intac condom. 2) since you had not participated in intercourse or touched her genitalia, the chances of STD are nil. 3) I do not recommend STD test, but you can go for P24 antigen assay from 15th-18th day after exposure (you may calculate). 4) You are at least risk unless the condom you used had a break. I guess you sustained mild trauma to glans or prepuce which has led to infection. Do not panic. You may visit a venereologist if you further feel pressed. Hope I have cleared your doubts. Happy recovery. Regards
Follow-up: Is HIV possible after oral sex with an intact condom? 1 hour later
Thanks for your quick reply , Its more than 43 days i planing to go for HIV test on this Saturday , If its comes negative can i consider my self negative or again i need repeat the test after 3 months , No need go for any other std test . what is mild trauma to glans or prepuce. what test i need ask or general elisa will do ,i going do the test at WWW.WWWW.WW
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: you may opt for simple TRIDOT kit Detailed Answer: Hi, Mr XXXXXXX You may opt for simple TRIDOT kit, which is inexpensive. If it turns negative,which i am sure will be, just forget the whole thing and be happy. You need not go for another test. Mild trauma to prepuce or glans means during the act of doing, soft mucosal skin can develop tears under the foreskin which is not visible. Later it may catch infection due to various causes. It is not an STD, it is a simple infection that does'nt need any therapy. If TRIDOT is not available, simple ELISA kit is sufficient. Hope this answers everything. Feel free to post me back. Regards.
Follow-up: Is HIV possible after oral sex with an intact condom? 21 hours later
Sir , As a told after 43 days is it ok to take the test or i need to wait till 3 months . What are changes im getting affected by HIV through this act . If it is negative result no need to take another after 3months sir , Iam planing get married if it is negative can i proceed with my proposals if it is negative result .
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: negative ELISA, you need not go for testing again. Detailed Answer: Hi, The window period for ELISA is 90 days, before which your test might come negative, so you have to wait till 3rd month if you choose EL1SA. ELISA is extremely sensitive, meaning, if it is negative, you need not go for testing again. I reiterate that the kind of exposure you got is insufficient for contracting HIV, so do not think too much about it. All the best for your matches.