Is Gramogyl safe for diarrhoea treatment?

hello i've a seven months old baby. she is suffering with cold and she is a kind of loosing stool whenever she is on her tummy. so we consulted with a doctor and he advised us to use gramogyl. Sometimes after we gave her the Gramogyl she is reacting like having XXXXXXX just for few secs like 3 to 4 secs. is it a normal side effect of gramogyl or a series issue? thank you. XXXX
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Gramogyl is given in case of infective diarrhoea. I suggest you to stop medication. Children take medicine wirh difficulity and sometimes they with hold their breath. Give oral rehydration solution sip by sip after each loose stool. Give probiotic for 3 to 4 days. Give lemonade,mashed potato,mashed banana,rice water,dal water. For cold give steam inhalation. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your child good health. God bless...