Is Ginseng safe to increase sexual potency?

Jun 2015

Hello Sir , I feel my penis size small , I am recently married but not able to make intercourse . so I started taking genseng to increase strength . I fear that it can be harmful to me .should I continue it or not . I am asking here online beacuse I feel low to go and ask somewhere . I have inline anxiety .for that I am prescribed to take stalopalm 5 mg amd respond 1 mg . These medicines I take regularly but genseng I have started myself . can u please suggest me any natural way or any way to get strength .and taking genseng is ok or not .
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Attributed to Anxiety of performance Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. A. The size of penis is genetically determined and it does not increase after a certain limit. But one thing should be known that the size of penis does not determine the potency of an individual. B. As you have got married recently, one of the important factor for not being able to perform intercourse is the Stress & Anxiety regarding your performance. Given the fact that you have a history of Anxiety, this gets further substantiated. C. However, it is also needed to rule out other reasons for difficulty in maintaining erection such as Hypertension, Diabetes mellitus, Atherosclerosis of the arteries, Neurological problems, Chronic illness, etc. So, investigations like Complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels, lipid profile will be helpful in this regard. D. Other than that, you need to make certain modifications in your diet & lifestyle: 1. Have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts & honey. 2. Avoid fast foods & lipid containing diet. 3. Avoid smoking & alcohol. 4. Keep away stress, think positive. 5. Exercise regularly & practice meditation E. Side effect of long term intake of Ginseng includes insomnia (loss of sleep), fluctuation in blood pressure, Gastrointestinal disturbances, etc. Ginseng may also lead to induction of mania in depressed patients who mix it with antidepressants. Since you are already taking treatment for anxiety and loss of sleep, it will be advisable to stop consuming Ginseng OR to take it only after consultation with your treating Doctor. F. One more thing, kindly do not get influenced by any over the counter medication which claim to increase the size of penis or improve may be harmful. Wishing you a Good Health. Please let me know if I need to clarify further. Take care.
Follow-up: Is Ginseng safe to increase sexual potency? 5 hours later
Sir , I am verymuch satisfied wtih your answer . If I donot take genseng then are there any other natural way to overcome it . As I follow a good diet and do exercise and donot smoke , donot drink , the only left is my anxiety problem which I have mentioned . because after taking genseng , I feel confident so could you tell me any replica of it which will be not harmful . Most of the time I have read that zinc is essential for it . so please tell me any suggestions which make me more confident for doing intercourse rather than aggravating my anxiety.
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 42 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly view the details Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your follow up query. 1. It is appreciable to know that you follow a good diet, do regular exercise and have kept yourself away from smoking & alcohol. 2. You are also correct regarding the fact that Zinc is an essential mineral. Since, long term intake of Ginseng can be associated with side effects as mentioned in my previous answer; it will be beneficial to take multivitamin & mineral supplements containing Zinc. A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts & honey is also known to improve the stamina & potency. 3. The most important thing while performing intercourse is to avoid getting anxious about your performance. Since you have got married recently, it is very normal to be concerned whether you will be able to satisfy your partner or not. But the more you think about all these, the more you will stress yourself out. So, get rid of such thoughts from your mind and keep your mind relaxed. Get to know each other well, share your thoughts & feelings. You can also practice Yoga & Meditation. These measures will be helpful in building your confidence & remove the anxiety. 4. In case you still find difficulty, it will be better to undergo certain investigations to rule out any organic cause for the same. Hope I have been able to answer your queries. Wishing you a Good Health. Please let me know if I need to clarify further. Take care.