Is Gardasil or Cervarix, better treatment for HPV?

Mar 2016

I am 25 years old and was recommended to take the gardasil shots after being diagnosed with HPV. When I went to get the gardasil shot they warned me it wasn't gardasil it was cervarix. Is this the same? Is there more of a benefit of one over the other. I am a little confused. Thank you for your help!
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. CERVARIX is a Bivalent HPV vaccine which protects against HPV 16 & 18 subtype only, responsible for most Cervical Carcinoma, Vaginal, Anal or Oral carcinoma. GARDASIL is a Quadrivalent HPV vaccine which protects against HPV 6 & 11 type (responsible for 90% of Genital Warts) and 16 & 18 subtype. To summarize, GARDASIL is more potent and effective HPV vaccine against wide variety of HPV infection (6, 11, 16, 18 type) in comparison to CERVARIX (protects against 16 & 18 subtype). Kindly, consult with your healthcare provider to take correct HPV vaccine. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW