Is Fertigen 5000 safe in case of low testosterone and sperm count with erectile dysfunction ?

Hi, I'm 30 year old male...suffering from low testosterome and sperum count and also erctile has advised for fertigen it safe and advisable
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 57 minutes later

Yes, Fertigyn is safe and advisable in your case.

FERTIGYN 5000 is Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin. It is a hormone produced mainly by placenta.
It is given in Male infertility due to hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism 500-4,000 u 2-3 times/wk.

As you have an unusually low level of testosterone (hypogonadism), your doctor may prescribe a synthetic version of testosterone.
You may be able to choose from testosterone injections, patches or gels.

Also you have to see that the intercourse occurs during the fertile period of your wife. That is between 12-17th day of her menstrual cycle. The 1st day is the day when her periods started.

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Is Fertigen 5000 safe in case of low testosterone and sperm count with erectile dysfunction ? 10 hours later
what is the permissible level of total sperm count in male...last year it was 46 and this year it came to down to 26 in my there anything to worry and what is the treatment....and how to get treatment for erectile it possible
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 4 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

According to World health organisation the lower limit of the total sperm count is considered to be 36 million per ejaculate. I would like to know whether the reports mentioned by you is a sperm count or Total sperm count as both of them differ according to the number of sperms per ejaculate or total ejaculate.

You are been treated rightly with FERTIGYN. It is usually prescribed for 6 months depending upon the dose, so continue till then or as prescribed by your treating doctor. If required due to inadequate response, Testosterone supplements may be added by your doctor.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Is Fertigen 5000 safe in case of low testosterone and sperm count with erectile dysfunction ? 17 hours later
Hi Doc,

Date: 19-Apr’2011     Sperm Count : 26 M/ml      All Sperm: 62.40M
Date 23May’2010      Total Sperm Count : 47 M/ml     

What could be the reason for this fall in body, I'm pure Vegetarian...what is the cure for erectile dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 11 minutes later
Do not worry, XXXXXXX
You limit is quite above the normal level. Only a single sperm is required for pregnancy, while you have 47 million per ml.
As for erectile dysfunction, you are under proper medication. So continue the medicines with patience. There will be improvement certainly.