Is Extreme Barr Virus curable in children?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
my 10yrs old nephew is suffering from Extreme Barr Viruss and is admited to sir XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hospital. They are not able to tell anything clear. Please let me know is this disease curable
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 2 days later
Brief Answer: Curable Detailed Answer: Hi Do not worry. Thanks for writing to health care magic. Ebstein Barr virus infection is definitely curable. It's self limiting and disease settles within few days to a week . Sometimes it does get severe and can cause pneumonia sepsis etc. But with proper treatment and round the clock monitoring, I think your nephew is in safe hands. Wishing speedy recovery. Regards Dr Arun