Is Evis MD platinum blue light therapy for acne safe?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Is the Evis MD Platinum Blue Light Therapy safe to use on skin? I read that 400-600 nm exposure of blue laser light can cause blindness and skin damage. The Evis emits 625-635 nm. Is that better or worse for the skin?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Evis MD platinum light therapy has been widely advertised to safely remove the acne scars and skin blemishes.
It has not been thoroughly studied in the clinical setting thus possible side effects and safety of its use is not known.
The efficacy of this technique has not been scientifically proven by undergoing proper controlled clinical trials. Its long term effects on the skin have not been studied.
Most of times such products are subjective in their success and or reactions. The disadvantages and the failures of such products are never made public.
Do not experiment on your skin like this.
My advise would be that you can go for laser based treatment after consulting with your dermatologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.