Is Dr.tea safe to reduce weight and also to reduce constipation?

May 2013
hello doctor ,

i'm XXXXXX from bangalore and i have purchased Dr.tea to reduce my weight and also to reduce this tea is safe to proceed ?..i understand that this is 100% natural and has full of herbs and came to know that there are no side effects ..may i know ur advise pls .

Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

The ideal weight in kgs = height in cms-100.
Body mass index should be between 19 to 24.
If according to these you are over weight then you can try to decrease the weight.
The manufacturers of Dr.Tea are telling that it will decrease the weight without causing any side effects.
But there are no any scientific evidences or proved studies regarding this.
Probably it may decrease the appetite there by limit the intake of food leading to decreased weight.
Usually herbal tea like XXXXXXX tea etc are said to healthier but we have to remember that just by drinking tea our problem will not solve completely.
Along with that you have to maintain strict diet chart, should do exercises for 30 to 45 minutes in a day, 5 days in a week.
You can join any gym or take help of professional person in doing exercises or can do yoga, walking etc at home which will surely help.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Is Dr.tea safe to reduce weight and also to reduce constipation? 5 hours later
Thanks for ur reply .

my height is 155 cms and my weight is 64 kgs ..i have a very big tummy and even after many exercises and strict diet it is not reducing so i just wanted to try this herbal tea .im very much aware tat drinking tea will not only help .i will also follow diet as u said ..

so once again i just wanted to hear from you if i can proceed with drinking dr.tea and hope i will not get any side effects .

why im stressing this is as this is a herbal tea and in another 3 months im going to get married so hope it will not create any problems at the time of planning for pregnancy .kindly advise .

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 hours later

According to your height your weight should be around 55kgs.
And your BMI is 27.
So you can continue the exercises and diet management.
According to the manufactures Dr.Tea contains natural herbs and XXXXXXX tea.
The natural herbs they mentioned, Nagarmotha, Sonti, Triphala Extract,Tagar etc are in general good for health.
So though the actual purpose of decreasing the weight is doubtful, this tea may not cause any harm to general health as it is having only herbal ingredients.
So you can try it, but if any problem occurs better to stop taking.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.